Licensed Electrician Instructor
Location: Edinburgh, IN
Job ID: 47535
Facility: Job Corps
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 3 weeks vacation, 2 weeks sick time, and 11 paid holidays
- 401(k) with company match
What you will be doing.
This is an exempt fulltime position that will report to the center technical training manager. In this role, you will be responsible for providing career technical training instruction to students in accordance with approved curricula. Provide students with basic direction, in compliance with government and management directives.
- High school diploma or equivalent and certification in area of instruction required.
- Valid electrician license, certification, or accreditation in Indiana, or accredited by a professional trade organization in electrical required.
- Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
What is Job Corps?
- Provide students with career technical training instruction, direction and assistance in designated area of instruction. and maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems or study habits; coordinate with other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
- Develop and prepare lessons; recommend curricula changes and supplemental materials as well as reviewing and auditing all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to student. Prepare related reports.
- Participate on student evaluation panels; prepare required documentation and evaluations using CIS as well as other systems of documentation. Enter case notes into the CIS systems as required and in accordance with established timelines.
- Participate in providing hands-on activities for students as part of the career preparation program; provide feedback to the career preparation staff and work cooperatively with each student’s counselor and career transition readiness specialist.
- In coordination with work-based learning (WBL) staff; develop work based training sites on center, in the community and at home-based sites; monitor and document student progress at work based training sites monthly.
- Work with community industry advisory council to review and recommend upgrades to CTT program.
- Monitor labor market information; develop career transition and job placement plans, and assist with placement of graduates, in conjunction with the career transition readiness specialist.
Job Corps is a federally-funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Atterbury Job Corps is located in Edinburgh, IN and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.
Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC: