Substance Abuse Counselor I
Location: Burnet, TX
Job ID: 47540
SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELORS WANTED. Make a difference! At the Halbert Unit in Burnet, TX, a philosophy of caring about others, giving back, and making a social impact are the foundation of all we do. We are looking for treatment professionals interested in helping us without mission of providing a social impact to members of an at-risk population that need your help on their road back to a healthy, productive life.
MTC is now hiring for treatment professionals at the Halbert Unit in Burnet, Texas. Substance Abuse Counselor I's plan, coordinate, and implement substance abuse counseling activities and coordinate with other departments to ensure the maximum utilization of resources available for chemical dependency treatment and rehabilitation. Salary $18.00 per hour.
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED is required.
- Must have a letter of registration as a Counselor Intern from the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), or current valid certification as Certified Criminal Justice Professional Applicant Status (CCJP-A) as approved by the Texas Certification Board of Addiction Professionals.
- Selected applicants must obtain the Licensed Clinical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) license or the Certified Criminal Justice Professional (CCJP) certification within five (5) years from the date of their registration as a Counselor Intern or CCJP-A.
- Must sign a Credential Contingency Agreement that will remain in effect only until the initially established expiration date.
- Failure to comply with this contingency statement will result in separation from employment. Credential Contingency Agreements will not be extended or renewed as a result of an employee’s separation from employment or acceptance of another position.
- A valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record is also required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements: Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass a background check, both of which must be approved by Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Must maintain valid Counselor Intern status or CCJP-A certification for continued employment in position.