Line Supervisor (Food Service)
Location: Woodville, MS
Job ID: 47565
Reports to the production supervisor. Directs the work of residents assigned to the dining area. Responsible for maintaining a clean, safe and sanitary kitchen area, to include food preparation areas, tools and equipment, and assisting in the service and preparation of facility meals based on pre-planned menus, in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC) directives.
- Clean and sanitize all food preparation equipment and ensure that it is kept in safe and operable condition.
- Maintain kitchen equipment in orderly workable condition. Ensure work area is safe, clean and sanitary at all times.
- Ensure the count and control of all kitchen tools. Provide an accurate count of all control items at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Direct the work of residents in the serving of meals as required.
- Ensure moping, scrubbing, refinishing and spot cleaning of kitchen floors is completed.
- Oversee the cleaning, sanitizing and deodorizing of the rest rooms.
- Ensure that counts are performed accurately for all residents assigned to the kitchen.
- Pull and prepare items needed for next meal preparation.
- It is expected the incumbent will work overtime when directed to do so.
- This position requires long periods of standing and walking.
- Must be able to perform physical requirements such as pushing and pulling meal carts, and lifting foodservice related items.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or GED required.
- One (1) year full-time, wage-earning experience in correctional, commercial, or institutional food preparation or food service industry preferred.
- Valid driver license in the state of Mississippi or Louisiana with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
In addition to competitive wages and an opportunity to impact lives, Management & Training Corporation team members enjoy a variety of benefits including:
- Medical, vision, and prescription drug benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Education assistance
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.#ZR #Talent
Post Hire Requirements