Part-Time Student Store Advisor
Location: Astoria, OR
Job ID: 47612
Facility: Job Corps
Description Wages: $17.00/hour
Schedule: Tuesday - Friday; 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm.
Working in our Student Store, you will be responsible for coordinating and carrying out the activities of the Student Store and assisting with Student Government Association (SGA) activities in compliance with government and management directives.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
- Oversee operations of the student store including prepare and reconcile tills, prepare deposits, ensure store meets cleanliness standards and expectations.
- Select, train, and supervise student workers.
- Prepare weekly work schedules, prepare weekly student incentives, conduct weekly meetings with student leaders.
- Conduct monthly inventory of student store and vending machine merchandise.
- Prepare merchandise orders and weekly shopping lists, perform shopping duties as needed. Update pricing of merchandise.
- Receive, unload, and distribute merchandise and supplies.
- Assist with SGA activities.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff, and other center customers.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices. Attend all required staff training.
Education and Experience Requirements:
One year related experience. Ability to bend and squat to restock vending machines and lift and carry bags of coin and merchandise weighing 30-40 lbs. up dormitory stairs. Experience with youth preferred. Excellent written and verbal communications skills, strong attention to detail, and computer proficiency. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Enjoy FREE use of our fitness facility, racquetball courts and low-cost ($3.50) meals in our dining hall. This position is eligible for pro-rated vacation and holidays and will accrue sick leave based on the number of hours worked. About Tongue Point:
Tongue Point Job Corps Center is operated by Management & Training Corporation (MTC) for the U.S. Department of Labor. Located at the mouth of the Columbia River, the Center is one of the five largest employers in Clatsop County. Tongue Point offers students training in 12 vocations. We are the only Job Corps Center in the nation with a seamanship program, and seamanship is the Center's largest vocation with 120 students.Tongue Point Job Corps Center is a drug-free workplace and a tobacco-free campus. Due to being federally-funded, all successful applicants must pass a drug screen, including testing negative for marijuana.For more information about Job Corps visit: http://jobcorps.gov