Location: Bronx, NY
Job ID: 47630
Facility: Job Corps
Reports to the manager, training. Responsible for providing career technical training instruction to students in
accordance with approved curricula. Provide students with basic direction, in compliance with government and
Schedule- Mon- Fri 7:30am- 4:30pm
1. Provide students with career technical training instruction, direction and assistance in designated area
2. Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems or study habits;
coordinate with other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
3. Develop and prepare lessons; recommend curricula changes and supplemental materials.
4. Utilize workplace language and behavior expectations in the shop and classroom; on a routine basis,
inquire if individual students need assistance.
5. Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery
of services to student. Prepare related reports.
6. Participate on student evaluation panels; prepare required documentation and evaluations using CIS as
well as other systems of documentation. Enter case notes into the CIS systems as required and in
accordance with established timelines.
7. Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
8. Administer and correct tests; maintain training achievement records (eTARs) and attendance reports.
9. Control use of equipment and supplies; make minor repairs; recommend purchases.
10. Participate in providing hands-on activities for students as part of the career preparation program;
provide feedback to the career preparation staff.
11. Participate in activities associated with the intellectual and social development of students.
12. In coordination with work-based learning (WBL) staff; develop work based training sites on center, in
the community and at home-based sites; monitor and document student progress at work based
training sites monthly.
13. Work with community industry advisory council to review and recommend upgrades to CTT program.
14. Monitor labor market information; develop career transition and job placement plans, and assist with
placement of graduates, in conjunction with the career transition readiness specialist.
15. Work cooperatively with each student’s counselor and career transition readiness specialist.
16. Provide strong customer service for both dependent and independent learners leading to trade
17. Prepare statistical reports and corrective actions reports as necessary to achieve positive results.
18. Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
19. Prepare students to transition from career technical training to transition period by developing
interviewing and employability skills.
20. Regular and predictable attendance is required.
21. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
22. Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
23. Promote the development of career success standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring
students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
24. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
25. Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to
provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
Career Technical Training Instructor
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as
determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements: Office Administration Instructor:
Bachelor’s degree in business-related field. Directly related experience may
be accepted in lieu of bachelor’s degree. Certified licensed or accredited in state of employment or accredited
by a professional trade organization.