Location: Littlefield, TX
Job ID: 47631
Work with a purpose! Now hiring career-minded, security professionals to assist with ensuring the safety and security of our unique facility while helping those in our care make positive, lifelong changes.
Position name: Security Officer
Facility name: Texas Civil Commitment Center
Location: Littlefield, TX
Pay: $15.00 per hour
Bonus Potential: Up to $1,000 paid out during first 6 months of employment
Work schedule: Full-time; 12-hour shift (both day & night shift available)
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- 9 paid holidays
- Plenty of overtime
- Career advancement opportunities
Job responsibilities: Security Officers are responsible to ensure the control, safety and security of the facility in compliance with Management & Training (MTC) and Texas Civil Commitment Office (TCCO) directives.
- Search for contraband and provide security.
- Count, feed and supervise clients in housing, work, and other areas.
- Provide custody and security of clients including observation of clients, which includes long periods of sitting and standing.
- Perform security functions to include client contraband searches, by squatting and bending to perform such functions.
- Transfer and transport clients by walking or riding in vehicles. Restrain and secure combative clients, as needed.
- Respond to emergencies to search for clients, administer first aid at the emergency site, carry injured, or unconscious clients, and perform use of force procedures, including the use of chemical agents to control clients.
- Required to work overtime when directed to do so.
- Read, review and properly apply information found in client records, which is related to the client’s health and safety and to the security of the facility. Provide appropriate information to other personnel.
- Prepare and maintain records, forms, and reports.
- Perform specific duties if assigned to the following areas: commissary, property transportation, recreation, escort/roving, mailroom, laundry, visiting room, booking, mobile patrol, main control, housing, administration/segregation and intake.
- If assigned to the food services area, assist in instructing clients assigned to food services in the safe, hygienic method of preparing and serving appetizing, eye-appealing meals.
- If assigned to the transportation department, responsible for the transportation of clients to and from the facility, in accordance with established procedures.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of staff, clients and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by Management.
- No previous experience required. Paid training is provided.
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- A valid driver license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post-hire requirements: Upon hire applicant must successfully complete required pre-service and annual training requirements. Must successfully pass an annual background check.
Why: Make a positive impact in your community by doing meaningful work that results in a rewarding career.
CO MTC TDCJ Corrections Correctional Security Hiring immediately Hiring now