Make a difference!! Begin a meaningful career in criminal justice with Management & Training Corporation at the Oliver J. Bell Unit located in Cleveland, Texas. At the Bell Unit, our foundation is based upon the philosophies of caring about others, giving back and making a social impact. We provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping an at-risk population prepare for success on their road to a healthy, productive life. In addition to competitive wages and an opportunity to impact lives, MTC team members enjoy a variety of benefits including:
- Medical, vision, and prescription drug benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Bereavement leave
- Civic duty and military leave
- Travel insurance
- Education assistance
Position Summary: Reports to the commissary manager. Responsible for performing advanced stock and inventory work in a unit commissary in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
1. Coordinate the display, rotation and sales of merchandise to offenders.
2. Safeguard and maintain adequate supply of merchandise.
3. Maintain merchandise in a saleable condition and monitor the cleanliness and appearance of the facility commissary.
4. Assist in preparing the monthly inventory and submit inventory reports to accounting.
5. Verify the accuracy of shipments received from distribution centers and authorized outside vendors.
6. Assist with supervision of support service offenders assigned to the commissary.
7. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
8. Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management. Education and Experience Requirements:
Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED. Two (2) years full-time, wage-earning commissary, retail sales, or inventory management experience. ---OR---
One (1) year full-time, wage-earning commissary, retail sales, or inventory management experience and one (1) year full-time, wage-earning correctional custody or law enforcement experience required. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management. Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by TDCJ.