This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Edinburgh, IN
Job ID: 47639
Facility: Job Corps
- Exempt - $25.15 per hour
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:45 AM to 4:45 PM
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 3 weeks paid vacation, 2 weeks paid sick time, 11 paid holidays
- 401(k) with company match
Description & Qualifications
If you are seeking an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our youth, then you should pursue a career with us. Continue reading to learn more about what Job Corps is and why you should work for us!!
What is Job Corps?
Job Corps is a federally-funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Atterbury Job Corps is located in Edinburgh, IN and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.
Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC:
Why Work For Us?
Are you ready to be a part of something big and have a chance to make a difference in students' lives every day? At the Atterbury Job Corps Center in Edinburgh, Indiana we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no cost to them or their families. Our team members enjoy competitive benefits like
Reports to Academic Manager. Responsible for providing academic instruction to students in accordance with approved curriculum. Provide students with basic direction, in compliance with government and management directives.
- Provide students with basic direction, instruction, and assistance in designated area(s) of instruction.
- Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems or study habits; coordinate with other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting students training.
- Develop and prepare lessons; recommend curricula changes and supplemental materials.
- Utilize workplace language and behavior expectations in the classroom; on a routine basis, relate academic skills to career technical training and workplace requirements; inquire if individual students need assistance.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
- Participate on student evaluation panel; prepare required documentation and evaluations using CIS, as well as other systems of documentation. Enter case notes into the CIS system as required and in accordance with established timelines.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Administer and correct tests; maintain progress and attendance reports.
- Control use of equipment and supplies; recommend purchases.
- Develop and conduct enrichment programs as assigned.
- Maintain records, cleanliness, and classroom discipline.
- Participate in student activities associated with the intellectual and social development of students.
- Assist in developing community linkages and volunteers for the department.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Ensure accountability is taken each period and report student absences promptly.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff, and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behavior, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment. intimidation, and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and lean.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Valid Indiana teaching certificate required.
- Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
- One year instructional experience preferred.