Location: Waimanalo, HI
Job ID: 47648
Facility: Job Corps
Hawaii Job Corps Center - is recruiting for a Academic Instructor to provide High School instruction. Reporting to the Academic Manager, the Academic Instructor is responsible for providing academic instruction to students in accordance with approved curricula. Provides students with basic direction, in compliance with government and management directives.
Duties include, but not limited to:
1. Provide students with basic direction, instruction, and assistance in designated area of instruction.
2. Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems, and/or study habits. Coordinate with counselors and staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
3. Develop and prepare lessons in accordance with approved curriculum guidelines; recommend curricula changes and supplemental materials.
4. Maintain organization, clean training environment (behavior & surroundings) conducive to learning.
5. Participate on student assessment panels; prepare required documentation and evaluations.
6. Administer and correct tests; maintain progress and attendance reports including required CIS updates.
7.Control the use of equipment, supplies and recommended purchases.
8. Develop and conduct enrichment programs as assigned.
9. Utilize workplace language and behavior expectations in the classroom; relate academic skills to career training and workplace requirements.
10. Participate in student behavior management programs.
11. Assist in developing community linkages and volunteers for academic training/tutoring.
12. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
Education & Experience Requirements:
**Bachelor's degree, valid teaching certificate in the state of Hawaii or passing scores on the PRAXIS exams, and one year related experience required.
***Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency required.
***Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
**Experience with online teaching platforms preferred.
Hawaii Job Corps/MTC offers a variety of benefits to assist employees in balancing their personal and professional lives, such as: *Medical, vision and prescription drug benefits *Dental benefits *Life insurance *Short-term & long-term disability benefits *401(k) Retirement plan *Employee assistance program *Sick leave and vacation *Holidays *Civic duty and Military Leave *Free Parking *Reduced Cost Meals *Employee Wellness Programs *Fun & Supportive Working Environment
HAWAII JOB CORPS IS A BLUE ZONES APPROVED WORKSITE
Hawaii Job Corps Center is operated by Management & Training Corporation (MTC) for the U.S. Department of Labor. Located in Waimanalo, Oahu & Makawa’o Maui, our campus is home to 300+ young adults, ages 16-24, who have made the decision to come to Job Corps in order to improve their lives. Every staff member is part of teaching the students the academic, technical training, employability, and social skills they need to become prepared for successful careers.
A Job Corps campus is like a mini-college. It has dormitories, classrooms, a dining hall, and recreational and medical facilities. Training is open entry, open exit and can last up to two years. Students work at their own pace, guided by academic and career training instructors who are committed to their success.
Hawaii Job Corps Center offers students training in 9 vocations: building construction technology, automotive, office administration, culinary, landscaping, painting, health occupations, medical office administration and security/protective services trade.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
For more information about Job Corps visit: http://jobcorps.gov