Location: Edison, NJ
Job ID: 47675
Facility: Job Corps
1. Provide students with basic direction, instruction and assistance in designated area(s) of instruction.
2. Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems or study habits; coordinate with other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
3. Develop and prepare lessons; recommend curricula changes and supplemental materials.
4. Utilize workplace language and behavior expectations in the classroom; on a routine basis, relate academic skills to career technical training and workplace requirements; inquire if individual students need assistance.
5. Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
6. Participate on student evaluation panels; prepare required documentation and evaluations using CIS, as well as other systems of documentation. Enter case notes into the CIS system as required and in accordance with established timelines.
7. Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
8. Administer and correct tests; maintain progress and attendance reports.
9. Control use of equipment and supplies; recommend purchases.
10. Develop and conduct enrichment programs as assigned.
11. Maintain records, cleanliness and classroom discipline.
12. Participate in student activities associated with the intellectual and social development of students.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree and valid teaching certificate. One year instructional experience preferred. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
Wage: $20.00 per hour