Cognitive Intervention Specialist
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Jasper, TX
Job ID: 47704
Work with a purpose! Join a team with values that match your own and make a difference in the lives of people needing second chances.
Ready to start a career in addiction treatment but not sure where to start? With Management & Training Corporation, we will provide you with the training and hours you need to become a certified substance abuse counselor. We will even pay for the certification exam!
Position title: Cognitive Intervention Specialist
Facility name: Glen Ray Goodman Unit
Location: 349 Private Road 8430, Jasper, TX 75951
Pay: Starting at $15.00/hr
Work schedule: Full-time; M-F, 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays (9 total)
- Professional development assistance
- Career advancement opportunities
Job responsibilities: Cognitive Intervention Specialists (CIS) are responsible for performing education work with the cognitive intervention program. CISs teach clients 6 hours a day - 3 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the afternoon. A curriculum as well as training will be provided. Work involves planning, coordinating, and implementing activities; and coordinating with other departments to ensure the maximum utilization for resources available in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
- Provides didactic sessions according to designated curricula within the program. Presents cognitive intervention education and life skills classes to assist clients with basic education in these topics.
2. Guides and assists clients in complying with facility rules and regulations. Supervises client offender work functions in accordance with program policies such as morning wake up routines according to established schedules. Notifies appropriate personnel of clients failing to comply with policies and procedures.
3. Monitors client behavior and reports incidents, inappropriate or unusual behaviors to appropriate treatment team staff.
4. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills and procedures and intervention techniques.
5. Maintain accountability of staff, clients and property; adhere to safety practices. It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school, GED, or equivalent.
- Associate’s degree in the field of psychology, sociology, counseling, social work, criminal justice or education is preferred
- Related experience is a plus
- Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
- Must successfully complete a TDCJ approved Correctional Awareness Class (CAT)
Post hire requirements:
- Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by Texas Department of Criminal Justice.
Why: The job is simple. Help humans break the cycle. Join our team and transform lives!