This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job ID: 47807
Facility: Job Corps
Brief Job Description:
- Provide guidance and work assignments for other maintenance staff.
- Perform maintenance and repair of structures, electrical systems, heating, plumbing, industrial HVAC and drainage systems.
- Repair or replace faulty or damaged light fixtures, outlets, fuses.
- Perform minor construction and repair of structural woodwork.
- Perform repair or replacement of plumbing, fixtures, washers, seals, etc.
- Perform preventive maintenance checks of building and equipment.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and three years related experience. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
HVAC experience prefer but not required:
- Any HVAC certifications
- Troubleshoot HVAC systems, Compressors, Condenser for leaks
- Inspect and test components of HVAC systems
- Trouble shoot electrical systems in A.C. unit
- Have knowledge of air handlers
- Repair able to repair components like exhaust fans, supply fans, actuator’s, High pressure switches, VAV boxes
- Perform preventive maintenance, on split systems, cooling towers and single units, package units
- Have knowledge of HVAC automated control systems
- Complete work orders in a timely manner
- Knowledge of blue prints and system diagrams
- Have good computer skills to track and report HVAC problems to supervisor
Wage: 22-23/hour DOE
About Los Angeles Job Corps:
Job Corps is a no-cost education and career technical training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps young people ages 16 to 24 improve the quality of their lives through career technical and academic training. The Job Corps program is authorized by Title I-C of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014 (supersedes WIA 1998). For more information about the Job Corps program at a national level, please visit our Official Public Web Site http://www.jobcorps.gov.
At Los Angeles Job Corps Center, we support the Job Corps program’s mission to teach eligible young people the skills they need to become employable and independent and place them in meaningful jobs or further education.