Leisure Time Employment Specialist
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job ID: 47810
Facility: Job Corps
Description Ready to be a part of something big? At the Los Angeles Job Corps Center in Los Angeles, California we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no-cost to them or their families.Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, paid vacation, paid sick leave, paid holidays, flexible schedules, and a chance to make a difference every day!
Wage: $ 22.50
Reports to director of community life. Responsible for class passes, clerical tasks, systems and procedures related to leisure time employment (LTE) in accordance with government and
1. Plan, coordinate and manage the administrative functions of LTE.
2. Develop and implement new and revised policies and procedures pertaining to the LTE Program.
3. Take appropriate steps to ensure that administrative procedures are followed, such as accurate record keeping, and maintenance of students work schedules.
4. Participate in the training of staff about LTE as coordinated with the director.
5. Implement and maintain a collaborative system of communication with residential living, security, center staff, and management.
6. Coordinate efforts to promote student retention and graduation.
7. Implement and monitor a system that requires student sage a percentage of funds received from LTS.
8. Develop and post part time job openings in the local area for students to apply that do not interfere with the training day.
9. Create eligibility criteria for students to qualify for LTE.
10. Participate in student employability program and activities.
11. Prepare LTE class passes in accordance with PRH requirements.
12. Perform data entry operations and make necessary adjustments to ensure LTE schedules are met.
13. Track accountability for all LTE students on a daily basis.
14. Compile, maintain, and print LTE class pass reports for management.
15. Assist in updating and maintaining LTE spreadsheets.
16. Generate evaluation related reports.
17. Communicate effectively with students and managers on class pass issues and concerns.
18. Participate in career development services system.
19. Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
20. Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
21. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
22. Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
23. Promote the development of career success standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
24. Maintain accountability of staff, students and property; adhere to safety practices
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent and one year of clerical experience. - --- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required.
- Valid driver license with and acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
About Los Angeles Job Corps:
Job Corps is a no-cost education and career technical training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps young people ages 16 to 24 improve the quality of their lives through career technical and academic training. The Job Corps program is authorized by Title I-C of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014 (supersedes WIA 1998).
For more information about the Job Corps program at a national level, please visit our Official Public Web Site http://www.jobcorps.gov.
At Los Angeles Job Corps Center, we support the Job Corps program’s mission to teach eligible young people the skills they need to become employable and independent and place them in meaningful jobs or further education.