Location: Clearfield, UT
Job ID: 47820
Facility: Job Corps
Full and Part Time 32 hour Swing/Graveyard/Weekend
Opportunity for OvertimeEducation & Experience Requirements
High school diploma or GED. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
- FREE Medical, Vision, Dental and Prescription Benefits 100% Premiums Paid by MTC for Employee Coverage
- Company-Paid Life Insurance (Free)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Short-term disability benefits - 100% Premiums Paid by MTC for Employee Coverage
- Long-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Bereavement leave (paid)
- Civic duty and military leave
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance - 100% Premiums Paid by MTC for Employee Coverage
This position is responsible for providing proper guidance to students that fosters positive group living relations, student retention, satisfaction and achievement in the program. Among other duties, this position will: - Ensure a safe living environment and create positive peer leadership role modeling techniques within the dorm. - Direct dorm activities as designated and assist with recreational activities for students on and off center. - Transport students to and from recreational functions, airport or bus stations as required. - Patrol and monitor dormitories and center ensuring safety and proper behavior of students; resolving potential or occurring problems. - Maintain dormitory and individual student files; ensure files are complete, updated and contain all required documentation. Prepare the morning report; pass list and other administrative correspondence relating to students. - Model appropriate behaviors, mentor students where necessary and monitor both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.