This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lockhart, TX
Job ID: 47841
Facility: Coleman Correctional FacilityKyle Correctional Center
Starting pay for this position is currently $13.00 dollars an hour.
Make a difference in people’s lives by joining a company with values that match your own.
Management & Training Corporation is hiring a Counsel Substitute at Gary S. Coleman Unit, located in Lockhart, Texas and Kyle Correctional Center located in Kyle, Texas.
This job is a shared or clustered position. The position requires travel and performing duties between both facilities.
At the Gregory S. Coleman Unit and Kyle Correctional Center, our foundation is based upon the philosophy of Believe It Or Not I Care (B.I.O.N.I.C.). We provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping an at-risk population receive the tools necessary for success on their road back to a healthy, productive life.
Education and Experience includes:
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED.
- Three (3) years full-time, wage-earning Offender discipline experience.
Two (2) years full-time, wage-earning criminal justice experience. Thirty (30) semester hours from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or by the United States Department of Education (USDE) may be substituted for each year of experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Valid driver's license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Our MTC Team Member Benefits Include:
- Medical, vision, and prescription drug benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Bereavement leave
- Civic duty and military leave
- Education assistance
Reports to the designated warden or assistant warden. Performs entry level work as a representative and advocate of offenders in the correctional facility disciplinary process. Work involves providing technical support to offenders in the disciplinary process in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
Essential Functions Include:
- Notify and interview offenders charged with violations of agency, facility, and unit rules and regulations; explain charges to offenders, facility employees; investigates allegations; conduct interviews, prepare written summaries of witness statements; and obtain all available forms of evidence.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records on activities, assignments, and dispositions; and prepare related reports.
- Assist in analyzing offenders' positions and develop strategies of defense; advise offenders of most appropriate plan of action; represent offenders at the disciplinary hearings; negotiate the mitigation of punishments; advise and assist offenders with disciplinary appellate procedures.
- Create systems to effectively manage the process at assigned facilities.
- Travel between the assigned facilities is required.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
Post Hire Requirements include:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements to include physical agility testing and pass an annual background check, which must be approved by TDCJ.