Chief of Classification
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lockhart, TX
Job ID: 47842
Starting pay for this position is currently $17.00 dollars an hour.
Make a difference in people’s lives by joining a company with values that match your own.
Management & Training Corporation is hiring a Chief of Classification at Gregory S. Coleman Unit, located in Lockhart, Texas.
At the Gregory S. Coleman Unit our foundation is based upon the philosophy of Believe It Or Not I Care (B.I.O.N.I.C.). We provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping an at-risk population receive the tools necessary for success on their road back to a healthy, productive life.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or by the United States Department of Education (USDE).
- Major course work in a Behavioral Science, Criminal Justice, or related field preferred.
- Each year of experience as described below in excess of the required three (3) years may be substituted for thirty (30) semester hours from an accredited college or university on a year-for-year basis.
- Three (3) years full-time, wage-earning correctional custody, law enforcement, Offender case management, or correctional unit operations experience.
- One (1) year full-time, wage earning Offender classification experience required.
- Valid driver's license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Our MTC Team Member Benefits Include:
- Medical, dental and vision, and prescription drug benefits
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Bereavement leave
- Civic duty and military leave
- Education assistance
- Reports to the Assistant Warden.
- Supervises the count room clerks.
- Responsible for the management of classification, which includes case management and reception/discharge procedures in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.