What you will be doing?
This is an exempt position that will report to the health and wellness director (HWD). In this role, you will be providing assistance to the medical providers and supervision of staff LPNs/LVNs. Works in collaboration with the HWD and provides oversight of the wellness clinic in their absence. Is responsible for assuring all medical clinical care is provided to students within Department of Labor (DOL) requirements and federal, state, and local regulations.
- Schedule: M-F 8-5
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Active, unrestricted registered nurse license in the state of employment.
- Experience working with youth in a paid or unpaid capacity is preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency required.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
What is Job Corps?
- Provide nursing care to students as authorized by the medical provider and within scope of practice for state-specific nurse practice act.
- Provide basic healthcare to students as required by DOL including all entry requirements and immunizations.
- Monitor students with illness and unable to attend class.
- Provide staff training for wellness staff as well as required trainings for new hires and all center staff as needed or in the absence of the HWD.
- Conduct student health record audits and participate in the continuous quality improvement program to identify needed improvements and employ mechanisms to improve compliance, and assure delivery of quality and effective services to students.
- Conduct coordinated health care for students and implementation of other health related programs. Assure chronic care management including medication management case conferences of all students with chronic illnesses.
- Assist the HWD to manage the record keeping and reporting of student injuries in the system provided by DOL.
Job Corps is a federally-funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Atterbury Job Corps Center in Edinburgh, IN is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.
Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC: