Location: Maui, HI
Job ID: 47866
Facility: Job Corps
At the Hawaii Job Corps Center, we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no-cost to them or their families. Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, paid time off benefits, paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, free parking, reduced cost meals and a chance to make a difference every day!
We are currently seeking Security Officers to work our Prime & Midnight Shifts. On-Call Shifts also available.
Rate of Pay: $18.82/hourly + Full Benefits package
This position reports to Supervisor, Safety & Security and is responsible for performing guard and patrol duties in assigned areas to protect life and property against theft, misappropriation, and disasters in compliance with government and management directives.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Secure building and property by checking doors, windows, lights, electrical appliances, equipment, locks and emergency equipment’ maintain log of findings and corrective action taken
- Perform parking and traffic control duties
- Perform routine vehicle equipment inspection
- Provide general transportation services as necessary
- Respond to fire alarms, take necessary steps to report fires, assist in suppressing fires and resent fire alarm equipment
- Set up and check operation of intrusion alarm systems in building as required
- Assist staff and law enforcement personnel in controlling disturbances; conduct preliminary investigation of crimes
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two years related experience
- Security guard certification or ability to obtain certification within 90 days of employment require
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record