This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Henderson, TX
Job ID: 47872
Facility: East Texas Treatment Facility
Work with a purpose! Begin a career in criminal justice and work towards becoming a law enforcement professional.
Management & Training Corporation is ow hiring career-minded individuals to assist with securing the safety of our community while making a difference in the lives of those on the inside.
Position name: Correctional Officer
Facility name: East Texas Treatment Facility
Location: 900 Industrial Drive, Henderson, TX 75652
Pay: $15.00 per hour
Work schedule: Full-time; 12-hour shift (day & night); Bi-weekly schedule with 3-day weekend off every other weekend (2 on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off)
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- 9 paid holidays
- Plenty of overtime
- Free food and more!
Job responsibilities: A Correctional Officer reports to the shift supervisor and is responsible for the custody and discipline of offenders in the facility in compliance with Management & Training Corporation ( MTC ) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice ( TDCJ ) directives. If assigned to the transportation department, he/she will be responsible for the transporting of offenders to and from the facility in accordance with established procedures.
- No previous experience required. Paid training is provided.
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED.
- A valid driver license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
- Continued employment is contingent upon passing exams and skills tests in the TDCJ Correctional Officer Pre-Service Training Academy.
- Search for contraband and provide security.
- Count, feed and supervise offenders in housing, work and other areas, which includes climbing stairs.
- Provide custody and security of offenders including observation of offenders, which includes long periods of sitting and standing.
- Perform security functions including “pat” and “strip” searches, by squatting and bending to perform such functions.
- Transfer and transport offenders by walking or riding in vehicles. Restrain and secure assaultive offenders as needed.
- Responds to emergencies including climbing stairs, steps, and ladders while searching for escaped offenders, hearing calls for and calling for help, giving first aid at the emergency site, carrying an injured or unconscious offender or employee various distances to safety up or down stairs, steps, and ladders; and use force and deadly force to include the use of chemical agents and firearms to control offenders.
- Read, review and properly apply information found in offender records, which is related to the offenders’ health and safety and to the security of the facility. Provide appropriate information to other personnel.
- Prepare and maintain records, forms and reports.
- Perform specific duties if assigned to the following areas: commissary, property, transportation, recreation, escort/roving, mailroom, laundry, visiting room, mobile patrol, central control, housing, restrictive housing and intake.
- If assigned to the food services area: assist in instructing offenders assigned to food service in the safe, hygienic method of preparing and serving appetizing, eye-appealing meals.
- It is expected the incumbent will work overtime when directed to do so.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Why: Make a positive impact in your community by doing meaningful work that results in a rewarding career.
CO Corrections Correction Security