This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job ID: 47884
Facility: Los Angeles Job Corps Center
Ready to be a part of something big? At the Los Angeles Job Corps Center in Los Angeles, California we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no-cost to them or their families.
Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, paid vacation, paid sick leave, paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) and a chance to make a difference every day!
- Conduct direct recruitment activities, including public speaking; develop linkages with referral sources such as human services agencies, recreation centers, youth organizations and churches; participate in center tours; contact potential enrollees to explore enrollment.
- Interview interested candidates and obtain required information on each one; ensure all documents required to support eligibility are obtained, properly completed and included in the applicant's folder.
- Arrange for reception of candidates upon acceptance to the program.
- Follow-up on student progress, e.g., length of stay and separation.
- Prepare, schedule and provide outreach presentations in the assigned area; provide outreach presentations in support of the regional outreach efforts.
- Maintain accountability logs of organizations contacted, individuals contacted, referrals to screening agencies and subsequent enrollments.
- Coordinate and maintain communications with centers pertaining to center input needs.
- Meet or exceed student admissions goals each month.
- Refer youth to designated screening or other support agencies, as appropriate.
- Prepare necessary and required reports related to the recruitment effort.
Education and Experience Requirements:Bachelor's degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, business, communications, or closely related field; or Associate’s degree and two years related experience required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record required.
About Los Angeles Job Corps:
Job Corps is a no-cost education and career technical training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps young people ages 16 to 24 improve the quality of their lives through career technical and academic training. The Job Corps program is authorized by Title I-C of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014 (supersedes WIA 1998).
For more information about the Job Corps program at a national level, please visit our Official Public Web Site http://www.jobcorps.gov.
At Los Angeles Job Corps Center, we support the Job Corps program’s mission to teach eligible young people the skills they need to become employable and independent and place them in meaningful jobs or further education.