Food Service Line Supervisor
Location: Henderson, TX
Job ID: 47891
Join a team with values that match your own and make a difference in your community!
Management & Training Corporation is seeking a Food Service Line Supervisor to join our team of correctional professionals. You will work as a member of a close-knit team that provides second chances by helping to maintain the well-being of those on the inside.
Position title: Line Supervisor (Food Service Manager II)
Facility name: East Texas Treatment Facility
Location: 900 Industrial Drive, Henderson, TX 75652
Pay: $17.00 per hour
Work schedule: Full-time; 12-hour shift
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays (9 total)
- Professional development assistance
- Opportunities for career advancement
Job responsibilities: A line supervisor directly supervise offenders assigned to the dining area. Responsible for maintaining a clean, safe and sanitary kitchen area, to include food preparation areas, tools and equipment, and assisting in the service and preparation of facility meals based on pre-planned menus, in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
- Clean and sanitize of all food preparation equipment and ensure that it is kept in safe and operable condition.
- Maintain kitchen equipment in orderly workable condition and ensure work area is safe, clean and sanitary at all times.
- Ensure the count and control of all kitchen tools. Provide an accurate count of all control items at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Supervise offenders in the serving of meals as required.
- Ensure moping, scrubbing, refinishing and spot cleaning of kitchen floors is completed.
- Oversee the cleaning, sanitizing, and deodorizing of the rest rooms.
- Ensure that counts are performed accurately for all offenders assigned to the kitchen.
- Pull and prepare items needed for next meal preparation.
- It is expected the incumbent will work overtime when directed to do so.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and experience requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED.
- A valid ServSafe Food Safety Certification is preferred.
- One year full-time, wage-earning experience in correctional, commercial, or institutional food preparation or food service management experience
- Eighteen months of correctional custody or law enforcement experience required.
- A valid driver license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post-hire requirements: Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements to include physical agility testing and pass an annual background check, which must be approved by TDCJ.
Why: Work with a purpose. Make a real difference every day.
Fast food, school cafeteria