This job posting is no longer active.
Location: St. Louis, MO
Job ID: 47939
Facility: St. Louis Job Corps Center
Reports to the accounting supervisor. Responsible for performing a variety of routine accounting and procurement duties in compliance with government and management directives.
- Post routine journal vouchers or accounts payable vouchers, entering vouchers in registers, reconciling bank accounts, posting subsidiary ledgers or simple cost accounting data.
- Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data.
- Responsible for maintenance of routine accounting records and reports in accordance with established procedures such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory control or general accounting records.
- Responsible for payroll and insurance reports; responsible for petty cash.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to staff and students. Prepare related reports.
- Perform miscellaneous clerical duties involving typing, filing, accumulating data and preparation of repetitive reports.
- Demonstrate alignment with and a clear understanding of the mission of Job Corps.
- Occasionally requires physical exertion to manually life, move, pull, push, or carry materials or objects.
- Occasionally requires reaching, bending, stooping, or sitting.
- Requires prolonged sitting.
- Requires the ability to work in noisy and crowded environments.
- Occasionally requires working outdoors to participate with academic or program related activities.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and one year related experience. Academic training in bookkeeping or accounting desired. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.