This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Henderson, TX
Job ID: 47947
Work with a purpose! Join a team with values that match your own and make a difference in the lives of people needing second chances.
You will work as a member of a close-knit team that strives to ensure the safety of community while making a difference in the lives of those on the inside.
Position title: Maintenance Technician - General
Facility name: East Texas Treatment Facility
Location: 900 Industrial Drive, Henderson, TX 75652
Work schedule: Full-time; 12-hour shift
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays (9 total)
- Professional development assistance
- Opportunities for career advancement
Job responsibilities: A Maintenance Technician – General is responsible for the duties involving general maintenance and repairs on equipment and buildings, assisting with technical trades such as plumbing, electrical, painting and carpentry functions in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
- Perform maintenance and repair of structures, electrical systems, heating, plumbing, ventilation, air conditioning and drainage systems. Recommend contracted assistance when on-center repair is not possible.
- Locate circuit breakers and isolate circuits to perform work safely.
- Troubleshoot issues with electrical and electronics systems.
- Perform new installations including bending conduit and pulling wire.
- Repair or replace faulty or damaged light fixtures, outlets and fuses as directed, which may include standing or climbing on a ladder to perform such functions.
- Perform minor construction and repair of structural woodwork.
- Install window shades or coverings, security locks, etc.
- Perform repair or replacement of plumbing fixtures, washers, seals, etc., which may include squatting, bending or sitting to perform such functions.
- Help prepare surfaces for finishing, i.e., painting, as directed.
- Direct offenders assigned to facility maintenance, which includes long periods of sitting and standing.
- Perform preventive maintenance checks of buildings and equipment as prescribed by manufacturer.
- Perform routine schedule checks of air conditioning systems as prescribed by manufacturer and as needed.
- Perform count of all control items assigned to include tool carts and tool bags, and other control items including class A tools and equipment by providing a daily count before and after shift.
- Ability to perform the physical function of the position which includes, but is not limited to; ability to walk properties, climb stairs, climb ladders, use power tools and/or hand tools, lift, squat, bend, sit, or kneel for long periods of time.
- Follow all safety regulations to include the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for self as well as staff and offenders assigned to the maintenance department.
- Perform on-call support in emergency situations when equipment malfunctions.
- Provide cleaning, transportation, moving of equipment as needed.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and experience requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or
- Three (3) years full-time, wage earning experience in general maintenance or construction.
- A valid driver license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post-hire requirements: Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements to include physical agility testing and pass an annual background check, which must be approved by TDCJ.
Why: Work with a purpose. Make a real difference every day.