Location: Astoria, OR
Job ID: 47989
Facility: Job Corps
Description Pay: $19.18/hour
Schedule: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 4:30pm
Responsible for performing center maintenance and repair in electrical, carpentry, plumbing or painting, in compliance with government and management directives.
- Perform repair and maintenance on structures, electrical systems, heating, plumbing, air conditioning, roads, grounds, and drainage systems.
- Repair or replace faulty or damaged light fixtures, outlets, and fuses, etc.
- Perform minor construction and repair of structural woodwork.
- Install window coverings and security locks.
- Perform repair or replacement of plumbing, fixtures, washers, and seals.
- Prepare surfaces for finishing, e.g., painting, as directed.
- Perform preventive maintenance checks of buildings and equipment; and routine checks of electrical, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems.
- Document all work utilizing a computerized maintenance management program.
- Provide day-to-day work direction to work-based learning students assigned to the department.
- Provide positive, quality customer service to students, staff, and other Center customers.
HS diploma or equivalent and four years related facility maintenance experience. Ability to lift 50 pounds of equipment or materials. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and computer proficiency. Valid driver’s license in the state of residence with an acceptable driving record.About Tongue Point:
Tongue Point JCC is operated by Management & Training Corporation for the U.S. Dept. of Labor. Located on the Columbia River in Astoria, Oregon, the Center is one of the five largest employers in Clatsop County. We teach youth, ages 16-24, the academic, vocational, employability, and social skills they need to become prepared for successful careers.
Tongue Point JCC offers training in 12 vocations. Seamanship is the largest vocation with 120 students. Students are able to earn their OS, AB limited, QMED, Junior Engineer, and Steward Licenses, plus additional certifications while enrolled. We are committed to the principles of equal opportunity, we value diversity, and we seek staff who are committed to developing youth assets. For more information about the Job Corps program, visit http://www.jobcorps.gov.Tongue Point Job Corps Center is a drug-free workplace and a tobacco-free campus. Due to be federally-funded, successful applicants must test negative for marijuana. For more information about Job Corps visit: http://jobcorps.gov