Career Preparation Instructor
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Job ID: 47995
Facility: Job Corps
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 3 weeks paid vacation, 2 weeks paid sick time, 11 paid holidays,
- 401(k) with company match
What you will be doing
This exempt position will report to the senior counselor. In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating and implementing the career preparation period program for new students, in compliance with government and management directives.
- Associate's degree and two year's related experience. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education requirements.
- Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
What is Job Corps?
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct the career preparation program and other activities, in accordance with corporate guidelines and approved schedule.
- Develop, prepare, and deliver career preparation lessons; use variety of teaching strategies to meet student learning needs.
- Recommend an appropriate training program for each assigned student, using background files, personal interviews, tests and a variety of other assessment tools.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to student. Prepare related reports. preparation program; intervene when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Participate on student evaluation panels; prepare required documentation and evaluations using CIS, as well as other systems of documentation. Enter case notes into the CIS system as required and in accordance with established timelines and maintain documentation and training records for each student using CIS, as well as other systems of documentation. components of the career preparation period.
- Establish community linkages with local business, employers, and organizations to provide tours and presentations for career preparation period students, as needed.
Job Corps is a federally-funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Atterbury Job Corps is located in Edinburgh, IN and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.
Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC: