Recreation - Sports Aide
Location: Edison, NJ
Job ID: 47999
Facility: Job Corps
Pay Rate: $17.00 / HOUR
- Assist the supervisor, recreation in planning, implementing and coordinating a comprehensive and diversified program which will attract voluntary participation.
- Organize and supervise student participation in a variety of recreation activities.
- Conduct and coordinate recreation activities.
- Chaperone students to center recreation functions.
- Assist with monitoring of the student store.
- Operate and maintain DVD/video projection system and related equipment.
- Conduct activities for career preparation students that enhance student retention.
- Conduct activities with other departments on center to offer a variety of activities that meet the needs of all students.
- Conduct PE classes.
- Assist in the evaluation of DVD/video offerings through student input and personal evaluation and make recommendations as necessary.
- Participate in Career Development Services System (CDSS) by creating positive peer leadership and role modeling techniques through activities on and off center.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and one year recreation experience or verified voluntary experience. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required.