Substance Abuse Clerk
Location: Henderson, TX
Job ID: 48036
Work with a purpose! Join a team with values that match your own and make a difference in the lives of people needing second chances.
The caring staff at East Texas Treatment Facility is dedicated to providing effective, life-changing rehabilitative programs and services that will assist with reducing re-offense.
Position title: Substance Abuse Clerk
Facility name: East Texas Treatment Facility
Location: 900 Industrial Drive, Henderson, TX 75652
Rate of pay: $13.00 per hour
Work schedule: Monday-Friday; 8 hours per day
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays (9 total)
- Professional development assistance
- Career advancement opportunities are available
Job responsibilities: A Substance Abuse Clerk is responsible for clerical tasks, systems and procedures related to DWI / SAFPF / ISF programs in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
- Perform varied clerical duties including performing data entry functions.
- Make adjustments necessary to ensure schedules are met.
- Perform duties including typing correspondence, form letters, accountability forms, status reports and other required forms in a timely manner.
- Maintain files on department records, cards, forms and correspondence sent, received and/or requiring further action.
- Proofread records or forms; copy needed information from one record to another as required.
- Maintain confidentiality of all offender information.
- Receive telephone calls tactfully referring to the proper individual
- Operate office equipment such as personal computers, fax and copy machines and scanners.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and experience requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED.
- Three years full-time, wage-earning clerical or secretarial experience to include one year of computer operations.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office Suite or equivalent to include word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software programs preferred.
- A valid driver license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post hire requirements:
- Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by Texas Department of Criminal Justice.
Why: Help individuals break the cycle. Join our team and transform lives!