This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Edinburgh, IN
Job ID: 48057
Facility: Job Corps
- $16.20 hourly pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 2 weeks paid vacation, paid sick time, 11 paid holidays,
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability,
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Account
If you are seeking an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our youth, then you should pursue a career with us. Continue reading to learn more about what Job Corps is and why you should work for us!!
What is Job Corps?
Job Corps is a federally-funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Atterbury Job Corps is located in Edinburgh, IN and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.
Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC:
Why Work For Us?Position Summary:
Are you ready to be a part of something big and have a chance to make a difference in students' lives every day? At the Atterbury Job Corps Center in Edinburgh, Indiana we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no cost to them or their families. Our team members enjoy competitive benefits:
Reports to the records supervisor. Responsible for clerical tasks, systems, and procedures related to student records administration in accordance with government and management directives.
- Prepare accountability forms, student records, student travel, clothing allowance forms, maximum benefit records, status reports, enrollment and separation forms in a timely manner.
- Operate computers with data processing software installed including OASIS, CIS, MS Office Suite, Outlook, and internet search.
- Audit student records documents to ensure they meet data integrity requirements. Maintain data integrity logs. Report error to manager to make corrections as needed.
- Perform data control operations and make adjustments necessary to ensure CIS schedules are met and accurate.
- Prepare CIS reports for distribution to appropriate department as scheduled.
- Maintain files on department records, cards, forms and correspondence sent, received and/or requiring further action.
- Proofread records for forms; copy and data entry of needed information from one record to another, as required; file records in student official record folders according to department standards.
- Coordinate student transportation arrangements; ensure accountability and return, as appropriate of all transportation documents; conduct activities to retrieve transportation documents, audit logs and reports.
- Maintain, update and file all active and separated student records in accordance with directives.
- Demonstrate alignment with and a clear understanding of the mission of Job Corps.
- Occasionally requires physical exertion to manually lift, move, pull, push, or carry materials or objects.
- Occasionally requires reaching, bending, stooping, and standing.
- Requires prolonged sitting.
- Requires the ability to work in noisy and crowded environments.
- Occasionally requires working outdoors to participate with academic or program related activities.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff, and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring, students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation, and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- High school diploma or equivalent and one-year clerical experience required.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency required.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record unless waived by management.