Location: Edison, NJ
Job ID: 48073
Facility: Job Corps
Ready to be a part of something big? At the Edison Job Corps Center in Edison, New Jersey we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no-cost to them or their families! Free health insurance for employees! Full and part time opportunities available for many positions.
Pay Rate $18.77/hour
- Prepare and cook quantity of food required according to menu and number of students.
- Assist in instructing cook helpers and work-based learning students in the safe, hygienic method of preparing and serving appetizing, eye‑appealing meals.
- Maintain kitchen equipment in orderly workable condition; ensure work area is safe, clean and sanitary at all times.
- Prepare foods as directed for special center functions, visitors and off‑center assignments.
- Assist in cleaning kitchen work areas following each meal.
- Supervise students assigned to assist in the cafeteria.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Responsible for stockroom commodities and for recommending replenishment items.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Food service training and one year relevant experience preferred. Must obtain servsafe certification within 90 days of employment. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management