Accounts Payable Team Lead, Shared Services
Location: Centerville, UT
Job ID: 48087
Begin your future now and join the nearly 10,000 associates working every day to make a difference in the lives of at-risk populations. Headquartered in Centerville, Utah, Management and Training Corporation (MTC) provides thousands of individuals with life-changing opportunities through our management of Job Corps centers and correctional facilities. Apply today and find out why MTC is a true Leader in Social Impact!
In addition to a competitive salary, team members will enjoy:
- Medical, vision, dental, and prescription drug benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 3 weeks paid vacation and 2 weeks paid sick time
- 11 paid Holidays
- Education/Tuition assistance
- Company-paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Other perks such as free drinks and snacks, on-site yoga, off-site CrossFit, clubs, and numerous company events.
Reports to the Manager, Shared Services. Assists in supervising a team of specialists as assigned. Responsible for leading services provided to enhance the customer experience, operational discipline, and company-wide areas of scalability and efficiency, performance improvement, and service enhancement in compliance with government and management directives.
- Assist the Manager in the selection, onboarding, training and development, performance management, retention, and succession of the Services Team.
- Create an environment that encourages customer service, teamwork, process ownership, innovation, accountability, and internal growth.
- Communicate the Shared Services vision and processes to varied levels across the organization.
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) related to the Shared Services Team for the assigned areas of responsibility.
- Collect feedback from teams on process improvement and make recommendations based on the assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Assist in developing the Shared Services strategy for providing a best-in-class customer experience, assist in designing service level agreements, meeting service level agreements, and driving operational performance metrics.
- Support the communication, adherence and rollout of programs and policies within the services team.
- Deliver on service requirements within budget and resources parameters; implement adequate controls, and audits, and assign appropriate accountability for cost management and transparency.
- Provide coaching and guidance to designated teams to improve staff performance and capabilities and identify training needs; develop staff in technical and soft skills.
- Gather feedback from teams and utilize data to identify, surface, and act on opportunities to enhance the effectiveness, culture, and morale of teams while balancing the interests of the individual, team, and company.
- Engage and motivate the team through daily communications, performance monitoring, and coaching.
- Demonstrate a commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- Work closely with other members of the management team ensuring the Shared Services Strategy is aligned with business objectives.
- Contribute to our company's Culture of Caring by maintaining positive and respectful relationships with employees, customers, vendors, program recipients, and our community.
- Ensure day-to-day activities promote sustainability and reduce the impact on the environment by minimizing waste and maximizing recycling; saving energy; and minimizing water usage.
- It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Essential Finance Functions:
- Process vendor invoices for payment for multiple locations/facilities and assign/review appropriate accounting codes.
- Investigate and resolve invoice discrepancies and differences by corresponding professionally with vendors on a timely basis.
- Prepare billings as requested for services performed and monitor payment of same.
- Assist in Accounts Payable closing procedures for the MTC business unit.
- Resolve any finance-related issues that are assigned to Shared Services.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Associate’s degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance or directly related experience. One year supervisory experience preferred. Experience in a multi-disciplinary service center process model is preferred. Experience with ERP, CRM, and Work Management tools preferred. Experience with mid to large sized company accounting system suite preferred. Must be willing and able to travel. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and project management skills. Unless waived by management, valid driver's license in the state of employment with an acceptable driving record.