This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Edison, NJ
Job ID: 48088
Facility: Edison Job Corps Center
Description Pay Rate $ 21.96
Ready to be a part of something big? At the Edison Job Corps Center in Edison, New Jersey we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no-cost to them or their families. Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, Paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day! Full and part time opportunities available for many positions.
- Establish quantity of food to be prepared according to the menu and the number of students; coordinate amounts with cooks and cook helpers.
- Instruct and supervise cooks, cook helpers and student interns in the safe, hygienic method of preparing appetizing, eye‑appealing meals.
- Assist in preparation of daily schedule; assign specific duties to staff and students and monitor and report work performance.
- Responsible for storeroom inventory and for requisitioning merchandise from the property department.
- Direct and assist in preparing food for special center functions, visitors and off‑center assignments.
- Maintain kitchen equipment in orderly, workable condition; ensure work area is safe, clean and sanitary at all times.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Must have food preparation training and two years related experience. Must obtain servsafe certification within 90 days of employment. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
Hourly Wage: $21.96