Description Position Summary:
Reports to the safety & security manager. Performs security officer duties and provides supervision to security officers to protect life and property against theft, misappropriation, fire, flood or similar disaster on assigned shift, in compliance with government and management directives and federal, state, and local regulations.Essential Functions:
1. Ensure the physical security of buildings, center vehicles and property by checking doors, windows, lights, electrical appliances, equipment, locks and emergency equipment; maintain log of findings and corrective action taken.
2. Advise and train security officers in security procedures.
3. Assist in transporting ill or injured for care, as required; give first aid when necessary.
4. Assist in reporting and suppressing fires.
5. Assist staff and law enforcement personnel in controlling disturbances; conduct preliminary investigation and submit accident reports.
6. Act as liaison with neighboring law enforcement and fire agencies.
7. Perform administrative functions such as logs, incident reports and accident documentation; conduct investigations as directed.
8. Assure accountability of students, staff and visitor check out and check in proceedings by scheduling guard station coverage.
9. Perform all duties ascribed to security officers.
10. It is expected the incumbent will work overtime when directed to do so.
11. Regular and predictable attendance is required.
12. Provide positive, quality customer service to students, staff and other center customers.
13. Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
14. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
15. Promote the development of career success standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
16. Maintain accountability of staff, students and property; adhere to practices; attend all required staff training.It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and two years’ experience. Supervisory experience preferred. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.