This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Henderson, TX
Job ID: 48112
At the Bradshaw State Jail, operated by Management & Training Corporation, we provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping offenders gain valuable skills necessary for success upon release. Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, education and tuition assistance, paid time off, 9 paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day! Hiring immediately!
Reports to the principal. Responsible for clerical tasks, systems and procedures related to the education department in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
1. Perform general clerical duties related to education and programs within the facility.
2. Prepare and distribute offender rosters to appropriate instructors, counselors and staff as needed.
3. Maintain records and files in hard copy and electronic form; maintain confidentiality of all records and correspondence.
4. Assist programs staff in obtaining, preparing and/or copying materials.
5. Assist in typing tests and other materials as prepared by instructors and counselors.
6. Maintain calendars, schedule appointments and conferences.
7. Perform duties including typing correspondence, form letters, accountability forms, status reports and input/output forms in a timely manner.
8. Maintain files on department records, student performance records, forms and correspondence sent, received and/or requiring further action.
9. Type and proofread forms, memos, reports and general correspondence; route accordingly.
10. Operate office equipment, including computers, copiers and printers.
11. Log and distribute incoming mail, prepare outgoing mail, answer telephone and convey messages.
12. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
13. Maintain accountability of offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High School Diploma or equivalent. One (1) year related experience, including word processing or computer data entry experience required. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by TDCJ.