This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Raymondville, TX
Job ID: 48118
MTC is currently seeking candidates interested in a Food Service Manager position. This position is responsible for the management of food services, including the cafeteria and special food services.
Other functions include:
1. Plan, coordinate and supervise the administrative and food service activities of the department.
2. Provide staff training, evaluate staff performance and recommend and implement approved department and personnel changes.
3. Assist deputy warden in the preparation of the departmental budget. Ensure quality of production and food purchase requirements. Maintain cost control to stay within budget limitation.
4. Establish quantity of food to be prepared according to the menu and planned number of meals to be served. Provide appetizing, nutritious and realistically proportioned meals in a clean, comfortable environment.
5. Supervise detainees assigned to food services area.
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent, technical training in food service operations and four (4) years of experience in food service operations, three (3) of which must be in a supervisory capacity. Knowledge of nutrition and methods of food cost effectiveness desired. Experience in correctional institution food services preferred. Valid food handler’s permit required, if required by the state of Texas. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
MTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, females, disabled, and veterans to apply.