Assistant Laundry Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Jacksboro, TX
Job ID: 48131
Description Position Summary:Reports to the Laundry Manager. Directly supervises the offender laundry workers. Responsible for assisting with planning laundering schedules, proper use and maintenance of equipment, and maintaining records of operations. Responsible for the custody and discipline of offenders in a facility in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.Essential Functions:
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.Education and Experience Requirements:Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED.one (1) year full-time, wage-earning experience in the operation of a commercial or institutional laundry.-or-one (1) year wage-earning experience in supply to include purchasing or inventory and stock control. Thirty (30) semester hours from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education (CHEA) or by the United States Department of Education (USDE) may be substituted for six (6) months of the required supply experience.-or-Eighteen (18) months full-time, wage-earning experience in the supervision of employees or Offenders.Valid driver's license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required unless waived by management.Post-Hire Requirements:Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by TDCJ.
- Assist in planning work schedules to meet all production requirements.
- Assist with the supervision of the operation of laundry equipment; perform routine and preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Perform tests on wash formulas.
- Provide and conduct safety training programs for all offender laundry employees.
- Train and supervise offender workforce in the laundry/necessities; implement inventory control procedures.
- Supervise the receipt, storage, repair, and issue of offender necessities; implement inventory control procedures.
- Maintain records and preparation of required reports.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; Provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, offenders, and property; adhere to safety practices.