Assistant Facility Director
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Miami, FL
Job ID: 48137
Ready for a meaningful career in criminal justice? Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is operating the Miami North Work Release Center. MTC Facilities provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping residents gain valuable skills and treatment necessary for success. Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, education and tuition assistance, paid time off, 9 paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day! Full and part time opportunities available for some positions.
Reports to the facility director. Directly supervises the operations supervisor and food service director. Responsible for security operations including the electronic monitoring system, inmate transportation and food service in compliance with American Correctional Association (ACA) standards, Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Florida Department of Corrections (FDOC) directives.
- Plan, coordinate and direct the total administrative and programmatic activities.
- Provide staff training, evaluates staff performance and implement organizational and personnel changes as approved by the warden and coordinated with the human resources manager prior to implementation.
- Develop departmental budgets; monitor and control expenditures; review and recommend changes to budget authorizations.
- Assist in the development, implementation and revision of policies and procedures and ensure each is reviewed annually.
- Direct procedures and practices relating to the training and counseling of inmates and security of staff and inmates; maintain constant vigilance of employees and inmates through staff assignments to insure that policies, rules and regulations are being adhered to and that none are violated.
- Provide through programs administrative staff assignments, proper number of security and other personnel for all administrative, and security functions; oversee preparation of work and other related reports on inmates for permanent record of inmates showing progress and estimating rehabilitative prospects.
- Provide guidance and support to staff and inmates to ensure compliance with procedures, policies and practices.
- Review shift assignments to ensure all shifts are adequately staffed to meet facility requirements and post orders; provide oversite to address staffing shortages and post vacancies.
- Monitor staff selection process of potential employees to ensure adherence to all applicable laws, MTC and state regulations, and select qualified applicants to fill vacancies as needed.
- Oversee security operations and ensures safe and sanitary conditions of facility in accordance with contract requirements.
- Ensure adequate needs are met to provide appropriate programming opportunities to inmates.
- Oversee the food service department ensuring sanitary conditions, and menus are within required guidelines, policies and practices.
- Ensure appropriate transportation is provided to inmates timely and as needed.
- Responsible for the overall operation of the Community Release Center in the absence of the facility director.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed. Provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
A minimum of a bachelor's degree and one (1) year of experience in the delivery of services to residents, offenders, or inmates in the care, custody, or supervision of a federal, State or local criminal justice system. Four (4) years of additional experience in the delivery of services to residents, offenders, or inmates in the care or custody of a federal, State, or local criminal justice system may be substituted for a bachelor's degree
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and computer proficiency are also required. Experience in developing and implementing strategic and business plans. Valid driver's license in the state of Florida with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.