Mental Health Clerk/Telepsych Coordinator
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Post, TX
Job ID: 48147
Reports administratively to the health services administrator. Responsible for facilitating inmate tele- psychiatric visits including scheduling, attending and promoting participation to meet psychiatric care. All decisions should be reviewed with the RN on duty with the exception of routine duties assigned to the nurse (LVN) or clerk in compliance with the MTC Medical, Harris County, and Tarrant County Sheriff’s Department directives.
- Schedule, arrange and facilitate tele-psychiatric visits between inmates and provider/psychiatric
- Document notes of the sessions as needed/directed.
- Communicate additional needs to the medical department as directed by the provider/psychiatric
- Operate pill call, provide med pass, distribute medication and document as required by applicable policies and procedures in designated location(s).
- Control medications, syringes and other medical supplies or equipment as
- Under direction of the RN on duty and in accordance with approved standing orders, obtain initial health information and assist with treatment of inmates reporting to sick call. Refer inmates to providers when appropriate.
- Assist with provider line; prepare examining room
- Keep equipment and work area clean; utilize appropriate sanitation
- Maintain absolute security and confidentiality of all medical records; observe applicable HIPAA
- Accurately and promptly chart medical
- Prepare and maintain narrative, statistical, summary and operational records, reports
- Review and process all reports and documents in a timely manner
- Conduct chart review; review status of inmates with serious health problems for completion of all necessary intervention
- Attend scheduled staff meetings; promote communications and proper flow of relevant information in the medical
- This position requires long periods of standing, walking and climbing stairs.
- Regular and reliable onsite attendance is required. It is expected the incumbent will work overtime when directed to do so.
- May be required to work shifts as needed.
- Maintain accountability of inmates and property; adhere to safety
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or GED and current, or valid nursing license for the state of Texas or compact state required. Degree in nursing and one (1) year of mental health experience preferred. Must be at least 18 years of age, possess current CPR certification, and pass a background check. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.