Residential Advisor - On Call
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Charleston, WV
Job ID: 48168
Facility: Job Corps
What you will be doing
This is a non-exempt position that will report to the dorm coordinator. Responsible for providing proper guidance to students to ensure positive group living relations and achievement in the program, in compliance with government and management directives. This will be an on-call as needed position.
- High school diploma or equivalent required and one year experience working with youth preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency required.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
What is Job Corps?Job Corps is a federally funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Charleston Job Corps is located in Charleston, WV and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC:Program: https://charleston.jobcorps.gov/Company: https://www.mtctrains.com/
- Provide proper guidance to students to ensure positive group living relations and achievement in the program.
- Determine, recommend, and arrange student visits to counselor.
- Work with designated counselor to develop retention plans and participate in retention program.
- Direct dorm activities as designated.
- Patrol and monitor dormitories and center as required to ensure safety and proper behavior of students; resolve potential or occurring problems.
- Perform bed checks, complete bed check rosters.
- Complete monthly on-line case notes on students.
- Physically carry student belongings from one location to another, sometimes involving stairs.
- Assist with recreational activities for students on and off center.
- Transport students to and from recreational functions, airport or bus stations as required.
- Prepare the morning report; pass list and other administrative correspondence relating to students.
- Direct students and assist in the cleanup and maintenance of the dormitory.
- Recommend or requisition supplies to provide needs for dorm living and safety of students.
- Conduct group sessions in accordance with the schedule; participate in and conduct career preparation activities and Career Success Standards (CSS) training.
- Maintain dormitory and individual student files; maintain files to include complete, updated and required documentation. Update student records in CIS as required.
- Conduct daily inspections of several dormitories, as assigned.
- When directed to do so, overtime is expected.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.