This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Henderson, TX
Job ID: 48208
Bradshaw State Jail in Henderson is re-opening soon! At the Bradshaw State Jail, operated by Management & Training Corporation, we provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping offenders gain valuable skills necessary for success upon release. Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, education and tuition assistance, paid time off, 9 paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day! Hiring immediately!
Reports to the chief of classification. Responsible for clerical and administrative duties, systems and procedures related to offender’s records and classification in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
1. Perform a variety of clerical duties including data entry, generate and prepare reports, file, maintain records and other duties required in designated department.
2. Perform duties including typing correspondence, form letters, accountability forms, status reports and other required documents in a timely manner.
3. Receive telephone calls and visitors, tactfully referring to the proper individual.
4. Maintain, update and file all records related to offenders in accordance with contractual requirements.
5. Enter all required data related to offender arrivals and departures into designated data bases.
6. Maintain and print inmate rosters.
7. Perform general clerical duties related to offender records.
8. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
9. Maintain accountability of offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High School Diploma or equivalent. One (1) year related experience, including word processing or computer data entry experience required. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by TDCJ.