This job posting is no longer active.
Location: New Haven, CT
Job ID: 48253
Facility: Job Corps
Reports to the director, programs. Responsible for processing purchase requisitions, purchase orders government agency contracts and routine accounting duties in compliance with government and management directives. Job Duties:
- Review requisitions to determine what vendors are to be contacted for price quotations and placement of orders; evaluate all bids and then select a vendor.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards, required delivery schedules and contractual terms.
- Conduct follow‑up on purchase orders past due with appropriate vendor.
- Performs routine clerical duties relating to the purchasing functions.
- Maintain vendor contacts and vendor supply lists.
- Coordinate with accounting department relative to accuracy of pricing data.
- Post routine journal vouchers or accounts payable vouchers, entering vouchers in registers, reconciling bank accounts, posting subsidiary ledgers or simple cost accounting data.
- Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data.
- Responsible for maintenance of routine accounting records and reports in accordance with established procedures such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory control or general accounting records.
- Responsible for payroll and insurance reports; responsible for petty cash.
- Authorized to act as an agent for the company in procurement matters and has approval to commit purchase order contracts up to $5,000.
- Participate in career development services system by ensuring the center receives accurate and effective bidding with all vendors and contractors.
High school diploma or equivalent and one year related experience. Excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.