This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job ID: 48262
Facility: Job Corps
DescriptionReady to be a part of something big? At the Los Angeles Job Corps Center in Los Angeles, California we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no-cost to them or their families.
Brief Job Description:
- Responsible for providing instruction, managing the classroom environment, and promoting student learning.
- Implement instructor’s lesson plans as outlined, assign student class work and maintain classroom control and discipline.
- Leave a report for the instructor and include what assignments were completed and behavior of students.
- Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems, or study habits.
- Coordinate with counselors and staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
Education and Experience Requirements: Bachelor's degree and one year office administration experience. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of formal educational requirements. Must have certifications in Microsoft Excel and Word and/or a teaching certification (or be able to obtain certification within 90 days of hire) or two years of work related experience in the designated career training area. Experience working with youth, excellent written and verbal communication and computer proficiency required.
About Los Angeles Job Corps:
Job Corps is a no-cost education and career technical training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps young people ages 16 to 24 improve the quality of their lives through career technical and academic training. The Job Corps program is authorized by Title I-C of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014 (supersedes WIA 1998).
For more information about the Job Corps program at a national level, please visit our Official Public Web Site http://www.jobcorps.gov.
At Los Angeles Job Corps Center, we support the Job Corps program’s mission to teach eligible young people the skills they need to become employable and independent and place them in meaningful jobs or further education.