Mental Health Counselor
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Littlefield, TX
Job ID: 48394
Work with a purpose! Help those in our care make lifelong changes.
Backed by national accrediting organizations, Management & Training Corporation is proud to operate the Texas Civil Commitment Center (TCCC) located in Littlefield, Texas. At TCCC, our team of professionals are dedicated to improving the lives of those in our care by providing quality clinical care, mental health treatment and medical services.
Job title: Mental Health Counselor
Facility name: Texas Civil Commitment Center
Location: Littlefield, TX
Pay: Starting at $30.00 per hour
Work schedule: Full-time, flexible schedule
Benefit package includes:
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance benefits
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Professional development assistance
- Develop and implement treatment and therapeutic programs for assigned clients.
- Assume independent clinical responsibility for all clients including the application of crisis intervention techniques to include suicide prevention, recognizing abnormal behavior, and taking appropriate action to prevent or diffuse potentially disruptive situations.
- Conduct diagnosis and evaluation tests for clients to determine needs, establish goals and develop plans; make referrals to contract professionals for assessment and treatment of clients.
- Provide direct casework services and individual and group counseling to clients.
- Prepare progress reports; provide recommendations regarding treatment plans; make case presentations; and assist administrative and medical staff in development of statistical reports on assigned clients.
- Maintain and monitor confidentiality of clients and their files; audit files to determine that all services provided are documented; review status of clients to determine that all treatment and therapeutic programs are completed.
- Screen requests for non-medical records and appropriately approve or disapprove responses following policy and procedures.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings; promote communication and the proper flow of relevant information between administration, staff and clients.
- Attend seminars, workshops, conferences, and so forth, as required.
- Maintain current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification; perform CPR in emergencies.
- Serve in rotation with other mental health providers to provide after-hours and weekend client care, if required, to include accepting on-call rotation.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of clients and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management
Education and experience requirements:
- Master's degree in counseling, social work, psychology, or related field from an accredited college or university is required.
- Must currently be licensed in the State of Texas as a Licensed Professional Counselor ( LPC ) or Licensed Professional Counselor Associate ( LPC-A ) or a Licensed Clinical Social Worker ( LCSW ) or Licensed Marriage and Family therapist ( LMFT ).
- Computer skills desired and evaluative and counseling skills are essential.
- Must hold current CPR certification.
- If currently a Texas resident, a valid driver license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record is required, unless waived by management. Out of state residents must be able to acquire a Texas driver license within 90 days of moving to the state of Texas.
- Upon hire, an applicant must successfully complete the required pre-service and annual training requirements.
- Must maintain TCCO security clearance and required licensure.
Why: Help individuals break the cycle. Join our team of mental health professionals and transform lives!