This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Tulsa, OK
Job ID: 48651
Facility: Job Corps
Come join TEAM TULSA!
Are you passionate about bringing the best out of someone? This may be the job for you!
Starting salary - $40,000
Paid holidays, sick and vacation time.
Schedule: Monday - Wednesday: 7:45 am - 4:45 pm, Thursday - Friday: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
This position reports to the career services manager.
1. Review detailed background file, conduct personal interview and test as necessary to analyze and recommend a program for each assigned student.
2. Provide continuous educational, career technical training, personal and social adjustment counseling on an individual and group basis. Recommend necessary program modifications throughout the stay of each assigned student.
3. Conduct continuous interpretation and evaluation of progress in student's specific development program.
4. Coordinate problem cases and point out areas in which guidance and development techniques can be improved. Maintain documentation and records.
5. Utilize new concepts and approaches; recommend and conduct training sessions and conferences to develop greater proficiency among staff in areas of guidance and social adjustment.
6. Recommend medical or psychiatric evaluation for emotional or psychological problems. Evaluate results and take remedial action as warranted.
7. Refer students to other program areas as appropriate and necessary.
8. Serve on career management teams and 60 day evaluations; participate in other center programs such as career preparation, multi-cultural committee, trainee employee assistance program and pregnancy programs.
9. Maintain contact with student's family and admission counselors. Utilize community resources as needed.
1. Bachelor's degree in counseling or associated field (including 15 semester hours of instruction in social services) and one year related experience.
2. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required.
3. Unless waived by management, valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.