Addiction Treatment Specialist - Entry Level
Location: Bryan, TX
Job ID: 48730
Begin a meaningful career in substance abuse treatment with Management & Training Corporation at the Hamilton Unit located in Bryan, Texas. At Hamilton, our foundation is based upon the philosophies of caring about others, giving back and making a social impact. We provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping an at-risk population receive the treatment necessary for success on their road back to a healthy, productive life. In addition to competitive wages and an opportunity to impact lives, MTC team members enjoy a variety of benefits including:
- Medical, vision, and prescription drug benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Bereavement leave
- Civic duty and military leave
- Travel insurance
- Education assistance
Responsible for performing education work with the In-Prison DWI recovery program. Work involves planning, coordinating, and implementing activities; and coordinating with other departments to ensure the maximum utilization for resources available in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
- Provides didactic sessions according to designated curricula in the program. Presents DWI education and life skills classes to assist offenders with basic education on these topics.
- Guides and assist offenders in complying with facility rules and regulations. Supervises offender work functions in accordance with program policies such as morning wake up routines according to established schedules.
- Monitors offender behavior and reports incidents, inappropriate or unusual behaviors to appropriate treatment team staff. Notifies appropriate personnel of offenders failing to comply with policies and procedures.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; Adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent (GED).
- Will help you to your licenses for Substance Abuse Counselor Intern (CI) status or Certified Criminal Justice Professional Applicant status (CCJP-A).
- Associates degree in the fields of psychology, sociology, counseling, social work, criminal justice, or education is preferred.
- Related experience is a plus.
- Within 90 days of employment, must have a letter of registration as a Substance Abuse Counselor Intern from the Texas Department of State Health Services or current certification as a Certified Criminal Justice Additions Professional - Applicant as approved by the Texas Certification Board of Addiction Professionals.
- Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements
Must successfully complete a TDCJ approved correctional awareness training (CAT). Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by Texas Department of Criminal Justice.