Reports to the maintenance supervisor. Responsible for the duties involving general maintenance and repairs on equipment and buildings, assisting with technical trades such as plumbing, electrical, painting and carpentry
functions in compliance with MTC and customer directives.Essential Functions:
1. Perform maintenance and repair of electrical systems. Recommend contracted assistance when on-facility
repair is not possible.
2. Locate circuit breakers and isolate circuits to perform work safely.
3. Troubleshoot issues with electrical and electronics systems.
4. Perform new installations including bending conduit and pulling wire.
5. Repair or replace faulty or damaged light fixtures, outlets and fuses as directed, which may include standing
or climbing on a ladder to perform such functions.
6. Perform minor construction and repair of structural woodwork.
7. Install window shades or coverings, security locks, etc.
8. Help prepare surfaces for finishing, i.e., painting, as directed.
9. Perform preventive maintenance checks of buildings and equipment.
10. Perform routine schedule checks of air conditioning systems.
11. Provide on-call support in emergency situations or equipment breakdowns.
12. Requires long period of walking and standing, climbing ladders, and pushing and pulling of a maintenance
cart full of tools.
13. Provide cleaning, transportation, moving of equipment as needed.
14. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening
when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills
procedures and intervention techniques.
15. Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her scope of work as determined by management.Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent GED. Three (3) years full-time, wage-earning experience as an electrician in
maintenance, construction, or an industrial environment and license as a Journeyman in the State of New Mexico required. Must successfully complete required pre-service training. Valid driver’s license in the state of New Mexico or Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and maintain appropriate facility clearance.
MTC offers a variety of benefits to assist employees in balancing their personal and professional lives, such as:
- Medical, dental, and prescription drug benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Sick leave and vacation (or PTO, varies by location)
- Bereavement leave
- Civic duty and Military Leave
- Education assistance
In addition to the benefits listed above, MTC also provides its employees with its BIONIC (Believe it or Not I Care) Wellness Program. This free program features a wide range of tools, resources, and communication to address employee wellness from a mental, emotional, and physical perspective.