Make a difference with Hawaii Job Corps Center!!
Ready to be a part of something big? At the Hawaii Job Corps Center, we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no-cost to them or their families. Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, 3 weeks paid vacation, paid sick time, 15 paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, free parking, reduced cost meals and a chance to make a difference every day! Full and part time opportunities available. Hawaii Job Corps is committed to creating a healthy workplace that supports our employees and maximizes individual potential.
Hawaii Job Corps Center - Maui is recruiting for a Full Time Academic Instructor.
Reporting to the Educational Services Manager, the Academic Instructor is responsible for providing academic instruction to students in accordance with approved curricula. Provides students with basic direction, in compliance with government and management directives.
Duties include, but not limited to:
1. Provide students with basic direction, instruction, assistance in designated area of instruction.
2. Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems, or study habits. Coordinate with counselors and staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
3. Develop and prepare lessons in accordance with approved curriculum guidelines; recommend curricula changes and supplemental materials.
4. Maintain and organized, clean training environment (behavior & surroundings) conducive to learning.
5. Participate on student assessment panels; prepare required documentation and evaluations.
6. Administer and correct tests; maintain progress and attendance reports including required CIS updates.
7.Control the use of equipment and supplies and recommend purchases.
8. Develop and conduct enrichment programs as assigned.
9. Utilize workplace language and behavior expectations in the classroom; relate academic skills to career training and workplace requirements.
10. Participate in student behavior management programs.
11. Assist in developing community linkages and volunteers for academic training/tutoring.
12. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
Education & Experience Requirements:
**Bachelor's degree, valid teaching certificate in the state of Hawaii or passing scores on the PRAXIS exams, and one year related experience required.
***Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency required.
***Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
***Experience with online teaching platforms preferred.
Hawaii Job Corps Center is operated by Management & Training Corporation (MTC) for the U.S. Department of Labor. Located in Waimanalo, Oahu & Makawa’o Maui, our campus is home to 300+ young adults, ages 16-24, who have made the decision to come to Job Corps in order to improve their lives. Every staff member is part of teaching the students the academic, technical training, employability, and social skills they need to become prepared for successful careers.
A Job Corps campus is like a mini-college. It has dormitories, classrooms, a dining hall, and recreational and medical facilities. Training is open entry, open exit and can last up to two years. Students work at their own pace, guided by academic and career training instructors who are committed to their success.
Hawaii Job Corps Center offers students training in 9 vocations: building construction technology, automotive, office administration, culinary, landscaping, painting, health occupations, medical office administration and security/protective services trade.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
For more information about Job Corps visit: http://jobcorps.gov