This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Calexico, CA
Job ID: 48825
Facility: Imperial Reg. Detention Center
Hourly pay rate $32.70
Full Time: 40 hours a week 8 hours a day including overtime when needed.
As per shift bids & assignments: Transportation post vacant days off are (Sunday/Monday and Tuesday/Wednesday).
Receives a Transportation Stipend $400/quarterly.
MTC Correction is responsible for the custody and discipline of detainees assigned to the facility in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and customer directives
We are seeking a skilled, Detention Officer with required Transportation credentials to join our team.
In this role, you will:
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Attend to all transportation details and in Detention posts
- Provide custody and security of detainees including observation of detainees
- Perform security of various assigned areas.
- Perform specific security functions including ‘pat’ and ‘strip’ searches, by squatting and bending to perform such functions.
- Transfer and transport detainees by walking or riding in vehicles.
- Restrain and secure assaultive detainees, as needed
- Will be required to assist in breaks and lunches.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Must be 21 years old and older.
REQUIRED: BSIS Guard Card, BSIS phase 2, BSIS phase 3, Baton, BSIS gun permit 40 caliber is required. Prior corrections experience is preferred. REQUIRED: Valid Class B driver’s license in the state of California with an 3 year acceptable driving record is required.
REQUIRED: Class B license must be with passenger endorsements, and air breaks.
MTC’s caring philosophy defines its commitment to providing its employees and family members with quality and competitive benefit options that address health and wellness needs. We understand and accept our responsibility to deliver the information and tools necessary to allow each employee to make informed decisions on health, wellness, financial security, retirement, and many other benefits.
MTC offers a variety of benefits to assist employees in balancing their personal and professional lives, such as:
- Medical, vision, and prescription drug benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Sick leave and vacation (or PTO, varies by location)
- Bereavement leave
- Civic duty and military leave
- Travel insurance
In addition to the benefits listed above, MTC also provides its employees with its BIONIC (Believe it or Not I Care) Wellness Program. This free program features a wide range of tools, resources, and communication to address employee wellness from a mental, emotional, and physical perspective. Key components of the program include:
- Access to a comprehensive wellness website, including a personal health assessment, exercise and nutrition planners, and online education and courses.
- Personal health coaching to help improve nutrition, exercise, stress management, and other health and wellness topics.
- Tobacco cessation program that includes telephonic coaching, nicotine replacement therapy, and additional educational material.
- Newsletters, video features, and other communications to address employee health and wellness