Residential Advisor, Substitute
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Edinburgh, IN
Job ID: 48826
Facility: Atterbury Job Corps Center
- $16.20 hourly
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 2 weeks paid vacation, paid sick time, 11 paid holidays,
- Short Term Disability,
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Account
What you will be doing
This is a non exempt position that reports to the residential living manager. They will be responsible for providing proper guidance to students to ensure positive group living relations and achievement in the program in compliance with government and management directives.Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and computer proficiency required.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
What is Job Corps?Job Corps is a federally-funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Atterbury Job Corps is located in Edinburgh, IN and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.
- Provide guidance for students to achieve a positive attitude and proper behavior in dormitory living situation and to accomplish their goals and objectives.
- Determine, recommend, and arrange student visits to counselors.
- Direct dorm activities as designated.
- Patrol and monitor dormitories and center as required ensuring safety and proper behavior of students resolving potential or occurring problems.
- De-escalate potential verbal or physical student altercations.
- Perform administrative searches of student areas as instructed.