Career Preparation Instructor
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: St. Louis, MO
Job ID: 48853
Facility: Job Corps
Salary - $35,360.00 Description & Qualifications:
Schedule - Monday - Friday; 8:00am to 5:00pm
Ready to be a part of something big? At the St. Louis Job Corps Center in St. Louis, Missouri we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no-cost to them or their families. Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, 3 weeks paid vacation, paid sick time, paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day!
Education and Experience Requirements:
Associate’s degree and two year’s related experience. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education requirements. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills, and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
Responsible for coordinating and implementing the career preparation period program for new students, in compliance with government and management directives. This is a Monday through Friday position, and the pay is $35,360 per year.
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct the career preparation program and other activities, in accordance with corporate guidelines and approved schedule.
- Develop, prepare, and deliver career preparation lessons; use variety of teaching strategies to meet student learning needs.
- Recommend an appropriate training program for each assigned student, using background files, personal interviews, tests and a variety of other assessment tools.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to student. Prepare related reports. Continuously evaluate individual student’s attitudes, participation, and commitment within career preparation program; intervene when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Enter case notes. Maintain documentation and training records for each student.
- Conduct pre-arrival contacts with potential enrollees; prepare and mail pre-arrival and safe arrival letters on a timely basis, coordinate arrival activities with other center departments.
- Recommend and conduct training sessions and conferences to develop proficiency among staff in areas of guidance and social adjustment for new students; conduct training to familiarize staff with all components of the career preparation period.
- Establish community linkages with local business, employers, and organizations to provide tours and presentations for career preparation period students, as needed. Assist in evaluating center services for students; recommend modifications for improvement, participate in planning and in providing updated information of career preparation program.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Experience with Google Classroom, Google Docs, and My Pace.