Location: St. Louis, MO
Job ID: 48944
Facility: Job Corps
Reports to the safety & security manager. Responsible for coordinating the center safety program in compliance with government and management directives and federal, state and local regulations.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and two years related experience. Associates degree preferred. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
- Inspect all center areas for safety of facilities and health violations to identify potential hazards; initiate corrective action.
- Ensure fire extinguishers are available in required locations and in working condition at all times.
- Assist in developing and implementing the occupational safety and health plan.
- Assist in the development of new and revised policies and procedures affecting safety.
- Provide fire and safety procedures and literature to staff and students; develop and implement safety training programs for staff and students on the center safety and health plan; conduct training for staff on OSHA standards.
- Maintain logs and reports of all employee and student injury/accident reports; investigate serious accidents and make recommendations for prevention.
- Coordinate with other center staff concerning safety programs.
- Ensure monthly fire drills are conducted in all areas.
- Promote safety campaigns on center to reduce accidents.
- Ensure that personal protective equipment (PPE) is worn in the trades to comply with OSHA standards. Provide training in proper usage.
- Complete accident investigation reports which include a detailed narrative of the incident, injuries, causal factors and recommendations for corrective action.
- Facilitate monthly safety committee meetings. Review accidents since last meeting and identify corrective actions.
- Participate in career development services system by ensuring safe and secure living environment for students.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of career success standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of staff, students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.